Follow by Email

Monday, November 28, 2016

TIS THE SEASON

 So hard to believe that already Thanksgiving has passed, and that the Christmas Season, The Advent, is already upon us. Made me sad to see so many people , in so many places, fighting over popular gifts on Thanksgiving day.  I think it is a sad commentary on what many people focus on during this Holiday season. I am determined this year, to spend more time in my kitchen with my mothers old apron on, making home made little gifts of love, making homemade cards for special people in my life, and focusing on LOVE and the real reason that we celebrate this season. Less rush and stress, and more time to appreciate the people who are precious to me.  I have challenged my self to do, once at least each day, a small act of kindness in honor of the love of this season. Does not mean I have to spend a lot of money on it, but that I will try to put MYSELF in to these acts. Beginning today.
 I am also committed to daily reflecting on the Lord in my life for whom we honor this time. CHRISTMAS, not winter holiday, or even XMAS. Am grateful for one friend who is hosting an online ADVENT bible study. So grateful for this, and will help me keep my focus! I challenge all of you to take time each and every day to LOVE AND APPRECIATE, rather than let all of the stresses of the holidays take over your life as well as your bank account. Hugs to all of you and may your Christmas season be filled with peace and blessings

11 comments:

  1. It's time for the important things, isn't it? Not just for this season but for every single day! A lovely post, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'am not a religious person Jeanne but this was a lovely post and i agree with you most wholeheartedly. I have always wanted to make Christmas more of a handmade/homemade affair... less about the money... I always talked myself out of it in the past because well not everyone is crafty that way... If i made a handmade gift they would be compelled to purchase me a store bought gift because they don't craft... but i'am tired of finding excuses to not do the handmade thing... i think i just need to DO it...and let the cards fall where they may.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes, I think, your heart feel much different about this season! Good for you Deb! Hope your days are filled with Christmas love and lots of twinkle lights and creativity!!

      Delete
  3. I agree with your total sentiments in this lovely post. Yes Christmas is all about love, sharing love with one another and giving small gifts To show that love.I have always believed it is the thought behind the gift that is the important thing. It was a good reminder in the post that we should be showing love to one another daily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its still a fair way off in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing since I quit working in retail how much more relaxed I am during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, dear Jeanne, for reminding us of the true spirit of the season. Yes, things have become very commercialized and some have lost sight of what this holiday means, but we can choose to remember and stay true to the reason for the season. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you....Less focus on the hoop la and more focus on the real meaning of Christmas....gifts from the heart in honor of the One who has created us....Kindness and a smile are free and precious gifts to those who are in pain.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. i appreciate your decision to stay with your dear mom and all the loved ones and use home made stuff to decorate your tree .

    you are blessed to realize this dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah - I really don't get the whole Black Friday thing - and now it's spilling into Thanksgiving day. It seems odd to me to spend a day being thankful for all we have only to trample people the next day for new things. My family has cut way back on exchanging gifts and now mostly celebrate with a festive meal. It makes Christmas much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the ornament, pretty socks and could almost feel the warmth of the fire. Three great images! Thank you for your very sweet comment on my blog when I was not feeling well. Very much appreciated :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete