Sunday, December 8, 2013

BRRRRRR! COLD HERE IN TEXAS


AS YOU CAN SEE, WE ARE IN SORT OF A TRANSITION... IS IT STILL FALL? OR HAS WINTER COME
I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS IN YOUR TEXAS GARDEN

Just stopping  by this Sunday morning to say HELLO from Texas!  We have had an unseasonable spell of very cold weather including sleet and ice, and some snow for the past 3 days. Usually our little cold snaps like this only last a day or two, so this has been a little to long for my comfort level.... ready for spring now. LOL. Anyway, in Texas, when the weather is like this, practically everything shuts down, so I had a day off from work on Friday, the schools were out, and everything, even the malls, came to a shut down. Nearly 300,000 people in the Dallas Ft Worth metroplex area were out of electricity even because of branches which had broken and damaged power lines.  We were so forturnate where I live to have our electric, and we were so cozy in our house. This weather gave me an extra burst of energy to get the Christmas tree up, all of the cute little lights lit, some Christmas cookies made, and to work on making my Christmas cards.  It has been fun, but now, this is the third day of cold weather... 20 degrees or so,   so HEY THERE! THIS IS TEXAS, so enough of this weather.   I am ready to go back to our usual 50 or 60, and also ready to go out to the store for some food.  Most of the stores are running out of their staples after only 3 days.  Hope that alll of you have had a lovely weekend, and are staying in.   REady for some warmth!!@!! Here in my little spot in the world.  These long 3 day winters are enough!!!!

POOR BIRDS WONDERING WHERE THEIR BIRDBATH HAS GONE.
A LITTLE TIME TO WORK ON MAKING SOME CARDS
HAVING FUN WIHT A LITTLE COLORING

MY WONDERFUL FIXIT PERSON WORKING ON SEEING WHY AN AREA OF LIGHTS NOT WORKING

TIME FOR SOME CRESCENT COOKIES FROM AN OLD FAMILY RECIPE

LOVE SEEING ALL OF THESE LITTLE FRIENDS COMING OUT OF THEIR HIDING PLACES

ZEKE HIDING AS BEST AS HE CAN FROM THE CAMERA WHICH HE HATES!

25 comments:

  1. Yes, when you get cold like that in Texas, I'm sure it's pretty uncomfortable and inconvenient to say the least. But your Christmas decorations came along beautifully! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got some fun indoor stuff going on. i'm happy to see the roof ice is melting as i type this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! I love especially the second, a few shots with exquisite beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are kind of putting me in the xmas mode! Lovely shots, and despite the cold, lots of warmth ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ice creates a special beauty but it must be treacherous at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not fun to have a power shot down. :( Glad you was clear of it. That is quite a tree you have .So large it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just feeling the christmas spirit :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying see your home. Everything looks so cozy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The positive side of cold is gorgeous pictures and home-baked goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry about your freezing weather in Texas, but it sure looks cozy and lovely in your house! We're having the same weather here today in Virginia, but for us it's normal, so we're not as shocked by it...lol. Stay warm, Jeanne, and I hope the cold temps pass soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cold here, too. A 9 degree high today. Our heater is having a hard time keeping up. Love your Christmasy home. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jeanne. I was getting my nails done and the manicurist was talking about snow in Texas. When we lived in northern Louisiana, it snowed one day and it was just like you said - everything shut down. Your home is pretty and I like your tree. Sounds like you had a lovely day off work. Thanks for visiting me. I always enjoy your visits. Enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow in Texas holy cow... Your decorations look awesome. My niece is moving to Texas she left today in this horrible weather

    ReplyDelete
  14. A little snow puts us in the mood and gets us started but I have shopping to do and need to go out! Enough for now!
    Love that snowman ornament on your tree!
    Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really surprised about a snowy winter in Texas, I kind of thought it as a hot place? Lovely photos Jeanne and the cold weather would certainly spur you along to doing all those things. I've been outdoors till 8.30 pm weeding and watering since it was a 38.7 degree Celcius day here; not so nice out there in that heat

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness, I didn't know Texas was hit with the storm too. I haven't been watching the news much recently. I love your icy picture with the red berries. It really pops and says winter so well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! I never think of Texas being so cold this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like a great weekend, Jeanne!
    I heard about the cold there, from my niece in Dallas.
    We are in the middle of a major ice "event" today.
    Sure hoping for some snow for Christmas!

    Wishing you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeanne,
    Can you believe our weather! It is just barely above freezing now...but wow-it has made for shooting some great pictures!!
    I have actually enjoyed it and by the looks of things in your beautiful and cozy home you have too-how were the crescent cookies?
    Happy Holiday Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  20. It might be pretty cold but the snow does make for lovely pictures. You have some great shots here! We are just having rain and wind which is pretty dismal. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never knew Texas could get that cold. Hope it snaps back to normal weather soon. Your Christmas tree is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Jeanne, how lovely everything looks!! OK, the snow may be unusual for you there in Texas but it's really looking a lot like Christmas! Even more so than here in Nova Scotia!! No snow yet but I can 'feel' it coming and it will stay still spring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you didn't lose power! Looks like you had fun at home with different projects, baking, decorating, crafts, nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry, it has been so cold. I remember when it snowed in Dallas and how everything came to an immediate stop. Here, it snowed and iced & is only 16 degrees, but nothing stops. But looks like you kept busy doing fun things!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Excellent pictures Jeanne, you are already in a Christmas spitir. I am a bit surprised that you have snow, we were in Miami this week and it was extremely warm.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete