Sunday, March 3, 2013

A little Texas Color

 Had to share just a few shots that I got to take this past weekend. It is nearly my birthday, and my husband offered to take me over to a great photography  store in Dallas and buy me a new camera equipment bag.  Well I am not one to say no to something like that, so was up and ready to go very rapidly.   Anyway, my dearest husband bought me an awesome bag which actually holds all  of my equipment in the same place and looks very organized.  It is an awesome birthday present!!! I just love it.
Anyway, after we finished shopping, I was able to talk him in to going over to the Dallas Arboretum.  I was hoping that there were going to be some spring flowers out as they were beginning their spring flower festival at the beginning of this month. WOW! What a treat it was, and a real balm to the eyes.  There were literally thousands of tulips, and many other spring flowers. Of course I couldn't resist taking a "few photos" and wanted to share these SOOC shots.
So MANY DIFFERENT COLORS OF TULIPS, EACH MORE LOVELY THAN THE LAST

GORGEOUS DAFFODILS EVERYWHERE

LOVED THIS DELICATE PINK ONE STANDING HERE ALL ALONE

ENJOYED SITTING HERE IN THE SUNSHINE ENJOYING THE DAY

ONE OF THE MANY COLORFUL FIELDS OF FLOWERS
SPRING IS NEARLY HERE! Take heart those of you with snow still, it is not far away until the time we will all be posting these lovely beauties, and reveling in the warmer weather!

11 comments:

  1. first, happy early birthday! what a great birthday present from your hubby! and even better that you got to enjoy the day together and got to the arboretum for these lovelies! really nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to a sweet blogging friend....sounds like your hubby was a real sweetie pie to take you out for the day of fun and presents.
    So glad you had a great time....The shots you captured are beautiful and just make me long for spring all the more.....
    Thank you for the encouraging comments you have left me on my blog....It's always good to know others are praying for you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a treat! You have a wonderful hubby to get you such a nice gift and the flowers .... so make me ready for spring (will be a while here yet).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday gift! Your flowers make me smile...spring is getting close. I can almost taste it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look like you are very happy.

    As happy as the colors of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gift! My daughter found me a camera bag at a thrift store for 7 bucks! It's awesome!
    I love the flowers, cheery, good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!!! And what a wonderful gift.... DId you go to Competitive Camera? Love Ramsey and His son...

    I am headed to arboretum three times this week.. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely birthday present and what a treat to visit the arboretum! That last shot of the field of flowers is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many flowers! To see fields of bulbs flowering is amazing. Hope you have a wonderful birthday - when it comes and what a great gift. How thoughtful of your husband to suggest a camera bag and go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have so many flowers already! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a thoughtful husband! Happy upcoming birthday! The flowers are lovely - it must have been a great day! Love that white daffodil with the yellow center. So pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete